We are back in the pub studio for this episode, which will be the last one until the end of January , as we are taking a short hiatus to take care of some family issues. But, we do have an all-star cast in the house with co-host Ken McMullen from Fox Republic Brewing, co-host Chuck Fort from Church Street Brewing, plus the head brewer from Church Street, Sean Gregor. And this is a bumper edition, but we hope you enjoy our festivities!
The Brit has randomly selected a six-pack of beers that appear at this time of year, some with those seasonal spices and some not. We’ll be sampling these, passing on our comments and seeing where the conversation goes! Plus we find out what The Brit’s favorite Christmas movie is, the backstory behind a well-known Christmas carol, and like most people, we all have no clue what the OED word of the year is and what it means! The Brit poses a question about distributorship and whether it is contributing to the craft beer industry stagnation. And finally, ‘Pull-my-finger’ Santa makes his annual appearance at Chuck’s special request!
We hope you have a great holiday season and we’ll be back in 2024 with more brewery profiles, interviews, videos and beer reviews. Thanks for subscribing!
- Short Fuse Brewing, Schiller Park IL, The Tips, Holiday IPA with spruce tips and juniper berries, 7% ABV
- Begyle Brewing, Chicago IL, Christmas Ale, spiced beer with bay leaves and cinnamon, 7.3% ABV
- Art History Brewing, Geneva IL, Wenceslas, Bohemian-style dark lager, 6.4% ABV
- Liquid Love Brewing, Buffalo Grove IL, Jingle Bear, Brown ale with coffee, cacao. Cinnamon, maple, and vanilla , 5.7% ABV
- More Brewing, Huntley IL, Winter Fields, English-style brown ale, 4.6% ABV
- Two Brothers, Warrenville IL, Peppermint Bark Porter, Porter with dark cocoa and peppermint, 6.7% ABV
Play our audio podcasts using your favorite smartphone podcast app or our player above. We have a direct link to Apple Podcasts and Spotify below…and lots of other links on the sidebar! Plus you can subscribe to our YouTube channel by clicking this link.